From: Ngor <ngortheone@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Questions about org-element
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 19:06:15 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Org community.

I am re-posting my questions here according to Nicolas' recommendation.

I am working on a standalone parser implementation for Org which is
basically a translation of elisp program to Rust
https://github.com/org-rs/org-rs

There are couple of things I wanted to ask about:

1) I have discovered several inconsistencies and errors in the Syntax/API
documentation
https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-element-api.html vs
https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html vs elisp source
And I don't know the right way to report them.

2) I think I have found a bug in the algorithm (org-element-collect
affiliated keywords does not take granularity into accound and seems to be
always parsing objects in Caption keyword)

3) I have a question regarding the elisp source source (specifically about
the :parent of the parsed objects of the keyword)

I can elaborate on each point but I don't want to overwhelm everybody with
details right from the start. I guess the meta-question is where and how
should I discuss these points? - I never used mailing lists before (If I
did something incorrectly or do not follow the established
rituals/traditions please do not judge me harshly. )

Thanks
Ihor