Hi Org community. I am re-posting my questions here according to Nicolas' recommendation. I am working on a standalone parser implementation for Org which is basically a translation of elisp program to Rust https://github.com/org-rs/org-rs There are couple of things I wanted to ask about: 1) I have discovered several inconsistencies and errors in the Syntax/API documentation https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-element-api.html vs https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html vs elisp source And I don't know the right way to report them. 2) I think I have found a bug in the algorithm (org-element-collect affiliated keywords does not take granularity into accound and seems to be always parsing objects in Caption keyword) 3) I have a question regarding the elisp source source (specifically about the :parent of the parsed objects of the keyword) I can elaborate on each point but I don't want to overwhelm everybody with details right from the start. I guess the meta-question is where and how should I discuss these points? - I never used mailing lists before (If I did something incorrectly or do not follow the established rituals/traditions please do not judge me harshly. ) Thanks Ihor On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 3:02 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Ngor writes: > > > Sorry to bother you. Just want to make sure that you've received my > > email.. > > I confirm I received this one. However, I suggest to communicate through > to the Org mailing list (). > > >> I am working on a standalone parser for Org > >> https://github.com/org-rs/org-rs/tree/master > >> > >> I closely follow the original elisp algorithm and read > >> - https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-element-api.html > >> - https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html > >> > >> I have discovered several inconsistencies and errors in the > >> Syntax/API documentation, as well as I think I have found a bug in > >> the algorithm. > > Please report them. > > Note that the cache is currently known as buggy. Help is welcome to fix, > or re-implement it. > > >> Also I have some questions regarding some aspects of the algorithm. > > Feel free to ask questions. I'll do my best to help you. However, I am > very busy at the moment, so do not expect too much from me. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >