* Question about External List Shell
@ 2012-10-10  5:54 Rodolfo Aramayo
From: Rodolfo Aramayo @ 2012-10-10  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Running the following code inside emacs org-mode file:

shell:ls -alFG

Desired outcome: a list of a directory

Observed behavior:

The command or link is 'active' only up to 'ls'

shell:ls

the -alFG is never 'seen'

I am using
emacs: GNU Emacs 24.2.1
org-mode @7.9.2_0

on a Mac:
Darwin 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

I can reproduce this using a minimal emacs config file

Ideas?

Thanks

--R

* Re: Question about External List Shell
@ 2012-10-10  6:04 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2012-10-10  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodolfo Aramayo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rodolfo Aramayo <raramayo@gmail.com> writes:

> Running the following code inside emacs org-mode file:
>
> shell:ls -alFG
>
> Desired outcome: a list of a directory
>
> Observed behavior:
>
> The command or link is 'active' only up to 'ls'
>
> shell:ls
>
> the -alFG is never 'seen'

Use the full link syntax in the above by wrapping the entire link text
in square quotes, e.g.,

[[shell:ls -alFG]]

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: Question about External List Shell
@ 2012-10-10  6:13   ` Rodolfo Aramayo
From: Rodolfo Aramayo @ 2012-10-10  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Yes, It works!