* accessibility bug: export menu unusable
@ 2013-02-07  2:23 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-07  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The new export window is unusable.  It shows the second half of the menu.

If you can't reproduce, please try on a frame with 20 lines and 67
columns.  If that does not reproduce, then increase font size to make
it so that a *full screen* frame is 20 lines total and 67 columns
total.

Adding scrollability would make it work.

Thanks.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.

* Re: accessibility bug: export menu unusable
@ 2013-02-07 13:27 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-02-07 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> The new export window is unusable.  It shows the second half of the
> menu.

Out of curiosity, how did you make the previous export window usable
under these conditions? It was 28-line high with no scrolling mechanism
either.

> If you can't reproduce, please try on a frame with 20 lines and 67
> columns.  If that does not reproduce, then increase font size to make
> it so that a *full screen* frame is 20 lines total and 67 columns
> total.
>
> Adding scrollability would make it work.

Indeed. Jambunathan has made some progress on this functionality.
I don't know in what state his patch is.

Until then, you may want to set `org-export-dispatch-use-expert-ui' to
a non-nil value, assuming you know which kind of export you want.

You can also remove back-ends you don't need from `org-export-backends',
or hide them from the menu with `org-export-invisible-backends'.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: accessibility bug: export menu unusable
@ 2013-02-10  5:20   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-02-10  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2/7/13, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The new export window is unusable.  It shows the second half of the
>> menu.
>
> Out of curiosity, how did you make the previous export window usable
> under these conditions? It was 28-line high with no scrolling mechanism
> either.

I don't remember whether the old exporter worked or not because I
called the functions I needed directly.  In the new exporter, I don't
know what features it has or how to call them so I need the menu.

> Until then, you may want to set `org-export-dispatch-use-expert-ui' to
> a non-nil value, assuming you know which kind of export you want.

I don't know what the options are.

> You can also remove back-ends you don't need from `org-export-backends',
> or hide them from the menu with `org-export-invisible-backends'.

I will try this, but I don't think it will be sufficient.