* FR: ASCII remove extra lines
@ 2012-09-02 20:44 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-09-02 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is a paragraph.

# this is a paragraph, which i decided to comment out, but
# is separate from the previous and next paragraphs.

Currently, ASCII export will create extra blank lines.  This
is undesirable.

Perhaps we can optionally normalize the blank lines?

Thanks.

Samuel

* Re: FR: ASCII remove extra lines
@ 2012-09-18  9:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-18  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

> Here is a paragraph.
>
> # this is a paragraph, which i decided to comment out, but
> # is separate from the previous and next paragraphs.
>
> Currently, ASCII export will create extra blank lines.  This
> is undesirable.
>
> Perhaps we can optionally normalize the blank lines?

I'd suggest to simply use this:

,----
| # this is a paragraph, which i decided to comment out, but
| # is separate from the previous and next paragraphs.
| Currently, ASCII export will create extra blank lines.  This
| is undesirable.
`----

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: FR: ASCII remove extra lines
@ 2012-09-19  0:45   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2012-09-19  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

My FR is not critical, but this does not work around it.  Sometimes
there is more than one paragraph, and motion and killing work
differently (wrongly) on appended comments.

Samuel

@ 2012-09-19  7:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-09-19  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

> Here is a paragraph.
>
> # this is a paragraph, which i decided to comment out, but
> # is separate from the previous and next paragraphs.
>
> Currently, ASCII export will create extra blank lines.  This
> is undesirable.

Actually the new exporter behaves correctly here and does not
add extra blank lines.

--
 Bastien