emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
@ 2021-05-03 12:14 Bastien
  2021-05-03 12:29 ` Bastien
                   ` (2 more replies)
  0 siblings, 3 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-03 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib

If you install Org from git to load packages from the contrib/ dir,
please update your configuration accordingly.

The new org-contrib.git repo is mostly for archival purpose.

Files in https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib need new maintainers:
if you want to maintain one of these files (outside of the repo),
please contact me directly.

The plan is to build a NonGNU ELPA package called "org-contrib",
we will see if that's feasible.

Thanks,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-03 12:14 [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository Bastien
@ 2021-05-03 12:29 ` Bastien
  2021-05-03 14:34   ` Bastien
  2021-05-04 17:47 ` Jonas Bernoulli
  2021-05-15 12:23 ` Bastien
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-03 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
> now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib

Let's announce this change on https://updates.orgmode.org.

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-03 12:29 ` Bastien
@ 2021-05-03 14:34   ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-03 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
>> now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib
>
> Let's announce this change on https://updates.orgmode.org.

For good!  (Sorry for the noise.)

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-03 12:14 [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository Bastien
  2021-05-03 12:29 ` Bastien
@ 2021-05-04 17:47 ` Jonas Bernoulli
  2021-05-04 19:56   ` Bastien
  2021-05-15 12:23 ` Bastien
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2021-05-04 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
> now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib

Congrats.

Better late than never.  ;D

> The plan is to build a NonGNU ELPA package called "org-contrib",
> we will see if that's feasible.

All the *ELPAs extract metadata from the "main library", which by
default is the library whose name matches the name of the package.

If the name doesn't match, then it can be overridden, but some
main library is required, even if it does nothing but provide
the metadata and (provide 'org-contrib).

I've already added "org-contrib" to the Emacsmirror, but because
nothing like "org-contrib.el" exists, I had to randomly pick a
library and as a result the package description for all of
"org-contrib" currently is "Org-mode Babel support for Arduino".

Please add "org-contrib.el" containing some juicy metadata.

    Cheers,
    Jonas


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-04 17:47 ` Jonas Bernoulli
@ 2021-05-04 19:56   ` Bastien
  2021-05-06 19:16     ` Jonas Bernoulli
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-04 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

> All the *ELPAs extract metadata from the "main library", which by
> default is the library whose name matches the name of the package.
>
> If the name doesn't match, then it can be overridden, but some
> main library is required, even if it does nothing but provide
> the metadata and (provide 'org-contrib).
>
> I've already added "org-contrib" to the Emacsmirror, but because
> nothing like "org-contrib.el" exists, I had to randomly pick a
> library and as a result the package description for all of
> "org-contrib" currently is "Org-mode Babel support for Arduino".
>
> Please add "org-contrib.el" containing some juicy metadata.

Well, I don't know if they are *that* juicy but I just added some.
Let me know how this look!  And thanks for the above instructions,
that's very useful.

Best,

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-04 19:56   ` Bastien
@ 2021-05-06 19:16     ` Jonas Bernoulli
  2021-05-07  4:02       ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Jonas Bernoulli @ 2021-05-06 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:
>
>> All the *ELPAs extract metadata from the "main library", which by
>> default is the library whose name matches the name of the package.
>>
>> If the name doesn't match, then it can be overridden, but some
>> main library is required, even if it does nothing but provide
>> the metadata and (provide 'org-contrib).
>>
>> I've already added "org-contrib" to the Emacsmirror, but because
>> nothing like "org-contrib.el" exists, I had to randomly pick a
>> library and as a result the package description for all of
>> "org-contrib" currently is "Org-mode Babel support for Arduino".
>>
>> Please add "org-contrib.el" containing some juicy metadata.
>
> Well, I don't know if they are *that* juicy but I just added some.
> Let me know how this look!  And thanks for the above instructions,
> that's very useful.

The commentary and summary are also part of the metadata that *ELPA and
the Emacsmirror use.  There are several additional issues and I think
it's easiest if I just show you what I think the file should look like:

-----------------------

;;; org-contrib.el --- Add-ons that are no longer distributed with Org-mode 

;; Copyright (C) 2021 Bastien Guerry

;; Author: Bastien Guerry <bzg@gnu.org>
;; Homepage: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib
;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25.1") (org "9.4.5"))
;; Package-Version: 0.0.1
;; Keywords: org
;; SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-3.0-or-later

;; This file is not part of GNU Emacs.

;; This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
;; it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
;; the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
;; (at your option) any later version.

;; This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
;; but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
;; MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
;; GNU General Public License for more details.

;; You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
;; along with GNU Emacs.  If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

;;; Commentary

;; This package contains add-ons to Org-mode which are not part of GNU
;; Emacs or of the official Org package.

;; ** This package receive little if no maintainance. **

;; Especially, there is no guaranty that it is compatible with the latest
;; Org stable version.  Would you would like to volunteer maintaining it?
;; If so, please send me an email at bzg@gnu.org.

;; If you want to maintain only one or some of these add-ons please send
;; me an email and consider hosting the add-ons on a separate repository.

;; These files used to live in the Org repository but have been filtered
;; out of the Org 9.5 release and are stored here for archival purpose.
;; The contrib/ directory used to contain a scripts/ directory that now
;; lives on Worg: <https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/worg/src/master/code>.

;;; Note:

;; This file, org-contrib.el, provides metadata for the (future)
;; org-contrib GNU ELPA package.

;;; Code:

(provide 'org-contrib)

;;; org-contrib.el ends here


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-06 19:16     ` Jonas Bernoulli
@ 2021-05-07  4:02       ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-07  4:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jonas,

thanks a lot for your guidance, I've committed your version.

Thanks!

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-03 12:14 [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository Bastien
  2021-05-03 12:29 ` Bastien
  2021-05-04 17:47 ` Jonas Bernoulli
@ 2021-05-15 12:23 ` Bastien
  2021-05-15 20:21   ` Samuel Wales
  2 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-15 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
> now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib

You can now install org-contrib as a new NonGNU ELPA package:
https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-15 12:23 ` Bastien
@ 2021-05-15 20:21   ` Samuel Wales
  2021-05-15 20:39     ` Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2021-05-15 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

great.  thank you.

i just noticed that htmlize is not htere.  i think it used to be.  a
quick search shows no obvious place where it resides.

On 5/15/21, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> The files previously stored in the contrib/ directory of Org's repo
>> now lives here: https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib
>
> You can now install org-contrib as a new NonGNU ELPA package:
> https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/
>
> --
>  Bastien
>
>


-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-15 20:21   ` Samuel Wales
@ 2021-05-15 20:39     ` Bastien
  2021-05-15 20:48       ` Samuel Wales
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 11+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2021-05-15 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:

> i just noticed that htmlize is not htere.  i think it used to be.  a
> quick search shows no obvious place where it resides.

See https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/d0ced9894

-- 
 Bastien


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

* Re: [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository
  2021-05-15 20:39     ` Bastien
@ 2021-05-15 20:48       ` Samuel Wales
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 11+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2021-05-15 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

thanks.

On 5/15/21, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> i just noticed that htmlize is not htere.  i think it used to be.  a
>> quick search shows no obvious place where it resides.
>
> See https://code.orgmode.org/bzg/org-mode/commit/d0ced9894
>
> --
>  Bastien
>


-- 
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 11+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-05-15 20:49 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 11+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-05-03 12:14 [IMPORTANT] The contrib/ directory now lives outside of Org's repository Bastien
2021-05-03 12:29 ` Bastien
2021-05-03 14:34   ` Bastien
2021-05-04 17:47 ` Jonas Bernoulli
2021-05-04 19:56   ` Bastien
2021-05-06 19:16     ` Jonas Bernoulli
2021-05-07  4:02       ` Bastien
2021-05-15 12:23 ` Bastien
2021-05-15 20:21   ` Samuel Wales
2021-05-15 20:39     ` Bastien
2021-05-15 20:48       ` Samuel Wales

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).