* unwanted filename in parens at the end of almost every olpath in ido completion of refile/refile-goto targets (was: Re: bug: "Please save the buffer to a file before refiling" when the buffer is already saved")
@ 2014-05-05  4:06 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2014-05-05  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

hi bastien,

On 2/5/14, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> one thing i don't understand is why there need to be 2 olpaths for the
>> identical location.
>
> Well, this is the part of the bug that I never managed to reproduce.

are you able to reproduce the parenthetical filename at the end of the olpath?

i would like to eliminate that filename.

if i enter the filename in ido, ALL olpaths in the file show up.
org-refile-use-outline-path is the default (i.e. nil, which means
don't put the filename into the path).

also, i find the filename distracting, never need it for
disambiguation, and it is connected to the duplicate olpath problem,
because one duplicate has it and the other does not.

thanks.

samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: unwanted filename in parens at the end of almost every olpath in ido completion of refile/refile-goto targets
  2014-05-05  4:06 unwanted filename in parens at the end of almost every olpath in ido completion of refile/refile-goto targets (was: Re: bug: "Please save the buffer to a file before refiling" when the buffer is already saved") Samuel Wales
@ 2014-05-23 12:29 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-05-23 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Samuel,

> are you able to reproduce the parenthetical filename at the end of
> the olpath?

(This is a new thread, I lost track.)

Can you post a reproducible recipe describing what does not work?

Or maybe this is a feature request about removing the filename when
presented with possible completions for refiling.  This filename may
be distracting in some cases, but it helps disambiguating in others,
so I'd rather not try to "enhance" things here.

Let me know what you think,

--
 Bastien