* using dates as property?
@ 2015-08-31 11:02 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-08-31 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi,

I am making a historical list of seminar speakers in an org-file. I am
trying to figure out the best way to store the dates so I can do
something later like find speakers from 2010, or to sort the speakers by
date etc...

Here is an example of my current thoughts. My questions are:

1. are org-timestamps the right approach?
2. are they better in the headline (where they are more easily read) or
as a property?
3. In either case, is there an easy way to search/sort them?

**  Some Person
   :PROPERTIES:
   :FIRSTNAME: Some
   :LASTNAME: Person