* [bug] erratic behavior of org refile
@ 2021-02-02 22:03 Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2021-02-02 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

in recent maint [past few weeks perhaps?].

when i refile a task or goto a task using org-refile, sometimes refile
is quite slow.  then it sometimes sends me to an impossible location.

by "impossible" i mean that either my refile targets variable is not
respected or my refile verify function is not respected.

for example, it can take me to "please" and it will take me to a
doneified entry.

does refile use a timer?  the occasional slowness suggests it is
filling a cache or something, but i have refile caching turned off.

it seems to be erratic according to elapsed time or speed of typing or
something.  this is just a subjective impression.

this is not a perfect bug report.  i am using my own code, which has
not changed.  i use ido and ido-hacks, which also have not changed.
my habits also have not changed.  and i can't produce a repro for you
at this time.

so i just wnat to know if:

1] anybody experiences this recently
2] anybody can think of any change to refile code that could cause this
3] anybody can think of any reason why this might occur

thank you.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-02-02 22:04 UTC | newest]