* Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/); Org lost my state change note during idle clock resolution
@ 2017-06-29 20:11 Jorge Morais Neto
From: Jorge Morais Neto @ 2017-06-29 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

I changed the TODO state and started composing a state change note.
Later I clocked in a certain task (automatically clocking out of the
previous) and left the computer.  When I returned, some 32 min later,
Org was showing clock idle time resolution.  I typed "i" to consider the
idle time as clock time.  The clock idle time resolution did its job,
but Org lost my note draft and the window configuration from before the
TODO state change.  winner-undo could not restore the window
configuration and AFAIK I had no way to recover the note.

In two days this is the second time Org loses a TODO state change note
draft.  I guess that, if I realize the note will take time to compose, I
am supposed to compose it in some file and, only when it is ready,
change state and yank it.

This time I do not have time to reproduce it in ~emacs -q~.  It happened
in the latest Spacemacs in holy mode.  Unfortunately
M-x org-submit-bug-report failed to collect my Org and Outline
configuration as I requested.

Regards

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
 of 2017-06-07
Package: Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @
/home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/)

current state:
==============

--
- I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome feedback
- Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z

* Re: Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/); Org lost my state change note during idle clock resolution
  2017-06-29 20:11 Org mode version 9.0.9 (9.0.9-elpaplus @ /home/jorge/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20170622/); Org lost my state change note during idle clock resolution Jorge Morais Neto
@ 2017-06-29 20:23 ` Jorge Morais Neto
From: Jorge Morais Neto @ 2017-06-29 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

On 29 June 2017 at 17:11, Jorge Morais Neto <jorge13515@gmail.com> wrote:
> In two days this is the second time Org loses a TODO state change note
> draft.  I guess that, if I realize the note will take time to compose, I
> am supposed to compose it in some file and, only when it is ready,
> change state and yank it.
A correction: the previous draft loss was on Monday, not yesterday.
Still, I had two draft losses in four days.

Regards
--

@ 2017-07-01 16:58 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-07-01 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge Morais Neto; +Cc: org mode

Hello,

Jorge Morais Neto <jorge13515@gmail.com> writes:

> I changed the TODO state and started composing a state change note.
> Later I clocked in a certain task (automatically clocking out of the
> previous) and left the computer.  When I returned, some 32 min later,
> Org was showing clock idle time resolution.  I typed "i" to consider the
> idle time as clock time.  The clock idle time resolution did its job,
> but Org lost my note draft and the window configuration from before the
> TODO state change.  winner-undo could not restore the window
> configuration and AFAIK I had no way to recover the note.

Even if the window configuration is lost, I cannot see how the "*Org
Note*" buffer could be closed. Are you certain it was not accessible
anymore from the buffer list?

> In two days this is the second time Org loses a TODO state change note
> draft.  I guess that, if I realize the note will take time to compose, I
> am supposed to compose it in some file and, only when it is ready,
> change state and yank it.

Note that I answered to your previous report. I'm still waiting from
feedback from the Org community.

Nicolas Goaziou

@ 2017-07-02 12:58   ` Jorge Morais Neto
From: Jorge Morais Neto @ 2017-07-02 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: org mode

On 1 July 2017 at 13:58, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Even if the window configuration is lost, I cannot see how the "*Org
> Note*" buffer could be closed. Are you certain it was not accessible
> anymore from the buffer list?
I do not remember and unfortunately I do not have the time to test it
this week.  I intend to test it next week.

Regards