* possible to store a link to a specific entry in the *texinfo* file?
@ 2017-12-19  0:57 Shiyao MA
From: Shiyao MA @ 2017-12-19  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi,

For example, I use =i= to navigate to the elisp texinfo file entry
=define-minor-mode=.

And I want to store a link to that entry.

However, org-store-link stores to the node : Stored:
info:elisp#Defining Minor Modes
Instead of the exact entry.

--
Best,
Shiyao

* Re: possible to store a link to a specific entry in the *texinfo* file?
@ 2017-12-20  4:06 ` Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2017-12-20  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyao MA; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Shiyao MA <i@introo.me> wrote:
> However, org-store-link stores to the node : Stored:
> info:elisp#Defining Minor Modes
> Instead of the exact entry.

I'm not sure what version of Org mode you are using but
at least Org 8.3 supports info index as well as info node in
the same format.

http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?id=96e1971f0fac6db1ac133faab0f7ed3bc38d96e7
--
           yashi

* Re: possible to store a link to a specific entry in the *texinfo* file?
@ 2017-12-20  4:38   ` Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2017-12-20  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyao MA; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi,

I'm sorry that I miss read your question.

No, org-store-link, or org-info-store-link to be precise, doesn't support
storing the index you just used or you are on.

I'm not sure how to figure out what a user is trying to store is either
the current node or the index.

You can, however, write a link by hand

    [[info:elisp#define-minor-mode]]

and org is happy to open and jump to the entry
pointed by the index.

regards,
--
            yashi

* Re: possible to store a link to a specific entry in the *texinfo* file?
@ 2017-12-20 14:57     ` Shiyao MA
From: Shiyao MA @ 2017-12-20 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasushi SHOJI; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi yasushi.

Thanks for your reply.

I am now using org9.

Is it possible to specify an exact match?

 [[info:elisp#define-minor-mode]] gives two potential matches.

Found ‘easy-mmode-define-minor-mode’ in Index.  (2 total; use ‘,’ for next)

Best,

--

@ 2017-12-23  6:25       ` Yasushi SHOJI
From: Yasushi SHOJI @ 2017-12-23  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shiyao MA; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 11:57 PM, Shiyao MA <i@introo.me> wrote:
> Is it possible to specify an exact match?
>
>  [[info:elisp#define-minor-mode]] gives two potential matches.

Not that I know of.  The behavior is of Info-index and I don't think
it can do that.
Unless, of cause, you change the function to handle only the exact matches.

regards,
--
             yashi