* org-indent-mode sans-serif font support
@ 2013-01-17  3:00 onguarde
From: onguarde @ 2013-01-17  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org-indent-mode doesn't work well except on monospaced font.
Is there a way around this?

I want to use Arial font. (sans-serif font)
But with org-indent-mode, the body and entry indents are misaligned,
This is very apparent at higher indent levels.

* Re: org-indent-mode sans-serif font support
@ 2013-01-17  9:12 ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2013-01-17  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

onguarde <onguarde@gmail.com> writes:

> org-indent-mode doesn't work well except on monospaced font.
> Is there a way around this?

I don't think any form of indentation in Emacs with a non-monospaced
font is going to work properly.

> I want to use Arial font. (sans-serif font)
> But with org-indent-mode, the body and entry indents are misaligned,
> This is very apparent at higher indent levels.

There are several nice sans-serif monospaced fonts, such as Lucida Sans
Typwriter, DejaVu Sans Mono, or Liberation Mono.  In my .emacs I have
the following

,---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| (set-face-attribute 'default nil :font "Liberation Mono-12" :weight 'bold)
`---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Loris

--
no sig is good sig

* Re: org-indent-mode sans-serif font support
@ 2013-01-17 17:14 ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-01-17 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: onguarde; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi onguarde,

On 1/16/13, onguarde <onguarde@gmail.com> wrote:
> org-indent-mode doesn't work well except on monospaced font.
> Is there a way around this?

Just so you know, and because you are talking about fonts, Gmail with
large fonts displays your email in a completely unreadable way where
the lines overlap.

It is only legible at all when replying.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY
can get it.  There is no hope without action.

* Re: org-indent-mode sans-serif font support
@ 2013-01-18  3:24   ` onguarde
From: onguarde @ 2013-01-18  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Oh ok, I'll make it a point to convert it to plain text before sending here.
=p