* API for manipulating #+PROPERTY entries?
@ 2019-03-05  6:51 Nik Clayton
From: Nik Clayton @ 2019-03-05  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hoi,

Is there an API for manipulating properties that are set in #+PROPERTY
lines before the first headline of a file (i.e., not in a property drawer)?

I've got some properties that (a) make sense when set for the whole file,
and (b) the file contains multiple first level headings (which isn't going
to change).

Using org-entry-put when point is before the first headline throws a
"Before first headline" error (when when the #+PROPERTY line already exists
and I want to update an existing entry).

* Re: API for manipulating #+PROPERTY entries?
@ 2019-03-05  7:47 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2019-03-05  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nik Clayton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Nik Clayton <nik@ngo.org.uk> writes:

> Is there an API for manipulating properties that are set in #+PROPERTY
> lines before the first headline of a file (i.e., not in a property
> drawer)?

There is no API for keywords.

> Using org-entry-put when point is before the first headline throws a
> "Before first headline" error (when when the #+PROPERTY line already exists
> and I want to update an existing entry).

`org-entry-put' is for node properties. Those do not necessary have
a keyword equivalent. Reciprocally, some keywords cannot be translated
into node properties.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: API for manipulating #+PROPERTY entries?
@ 2019-03-05 18:38 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2019-03-05 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nik Clayton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode