* surprise export in html
@ 2018-12-03 20:54 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-12-03 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

If I have this  in an org-file, I was surprised to see different behavior
of the export depending on the value of org-html-with-latex. Unless I set
it to dvisgm, then the backslashed path seems to get removed. Is this as
surprising as it seems to be?

*%appdata%\Path\Path\Path*

* Code
 :noexport:
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let ((org-html-with-latex 'dvipng))
  (with-current-buffer (org-export-to-buffer 'html "*Formatted Copy*" nil
nil t t)
    (buffer-string)))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: <p>
: <b>%appdata%</b>
: </p>

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let ((org-html-with-latex 'dvisgm))
  (with-current-buffer (org-export-to-buffer 'html "*Formatted Copy*" nil
nil t t)
    (buffer-string)))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: <p>
: <b>%appdata%\Path\Path\Path</b>
: </p>

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

* Re: surprise export in html
@ 2018-12-03 20:59 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-12-03 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I see I made a mistake in the second example:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(let ((org-html-with-latex 'dvisvgm))
  (with-current-buffer (org-export-to-buffer 'html "*Formatted Copy*" nil
nil t t)
    (buffer-string)))
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: <p>
: <b>%appdata%</b>
: </p>

Is this just happening because % is a comment character in latex?

John

@ 2018-12-03 21:18   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2018-12-03 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email