* Agenda and Relocated Files
@ 2016-08-04 19:49 Bo Grimes
From: Bo Grimes @ 2016-08-04 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am just getting into both Emacs and Org Mode, and I tried to find the
answer in the manual and archive.  If it's in the manual I don't yet
understand enough to have recognized it and the mailing list archive is
returning: <dir.gmane.org's server DNS address could not be found>

I only have about 10-12 org files so far, but I just realized for my
productivity and workflow I really need to redesign my folder system.  I
currently only have 5-6 of them in the agenda list.  I suspect I will
need to add and remove them from the agenda list after I change their
location.

Is that correct? Emacs won't automatically detect such a move will it?
I've heard there's a mode for causing butterfly wing-flapping to cause
radiation to change bits (or some such), so I'm thinking maybe.

It won't be much trouble at this point, but I figure this may be
something that comes up again. I realize I could just add an entire
folder to the agenda list, but I anticipate really only having about 10
org files that need to be added to the agenda, so I am thinking:

Design directory structure --> Move Files Accordingly--> Change Agenda List

Or is there a C-c C-? razzle-dazzle that does it?

* Re: Agenda and Relocated Files
@ 2016-08-04 20:25 ` Philip Hudson
From: Philip Hudson @ 2016-08-04 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 August 2016 at 20:49, Bo Grimes <vcg3rd@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Design directory structure --> Move Files Accordingly--> Change Agenda List

Yes.

> Or is there a C-c C-? razzle-dazzle that does it?

No.

--
Phil Hudson                   http://hudson-it.ddns.net
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63