* Provide rsync access to Org ELPA
@ 2016-07-02 16:16 Chunyang Xu
From: Chunyang Xu @ 2016-07-02 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

rsync access would allow people to efficiently mirror Org ELPA
[http://orgmode.org/elpa/]. Please provide rsync access to it.

Thanks.

Chunyang

* Re: Provide rsync access to Org ELPA
@ 2016-07-02 16:24 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-07-02 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Chunyang Xu writes:
> rsync access would allow people to efficiently mirror Org ELPA
> [http://orgmode.org/elpa/]. Please provide rsync access to it.

Git transport is more efficient than rsync.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER:

* Re: Provide rsync access to Org ELPA
@ 2016-07-03  7:49   ` Chunyang Xu
From: Chunyang Xu @ 2016-07-03  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Achim Gratz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 12:24 AM, Achim Gratz <Stromeko@nexgo.de> wrote:
> Chunyang Xu writes:
>> rsync access would allow people to efficiently mirror Org ELPA
>> [http://orgmode.org/elpa/]. Please provide rsync access to it.
>
> Git transport is more efficient than rsync.

All files we need to sync is under http://orgmode.org/elpa/, did you
suggest these files belong to a git repo?

I don't build elpa packages locally from org-mode git repo is because
I don't know if it's possible and how, and downloading them directly
through HTTP is easy. And comparing to HTTP, rsync is easier and more
efficient. As far as I know, setting up a rsync daemon is easy.