* A custom agenda view for archivable non-project tasks?
@ 2012-05-20 11:27 Laurynas Biveinis
From: Laurynas Biveinis @ 2012-05-20 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi -

I am trying to implement the following but I am not really getting
anywhere. I want to have a block in a custom agenda that lists all
"archivable" tasks, where "archivable" means in any of "done" states
and not in a project. In my system projects are subtrees that have
'project' tag associated with them. This tag is non-inheritable and
I'd rather keep it that way.

So I would like to have a way to list all items in a done state where
there is no 'project' tag on it nor in any of its (indirect) parents.

Alternatively listing "archivable" projects too would work (these
would be defined as all subitems in a "done" state - not necessarily
the project itself in a "done" state), as long as its subitems are not
listed, but that sounds more complex.

TIA for any pointers to the right direction,
--
Laurynas

* Re: A custom agenda view for archivable non-project tasks?
@ 2012-05-21 23:28 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2012-05-21 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Laurynas Biveinis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas.biveinis@gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to implement the following but I am not really getting
> anywhere. I want to have a block in a custom agenda that lists all
> "archivable" tasks, where "archivable" means in any of "done" states
> and not in a project. In my system projects are subtrees that have
> 'project' tag associated with them. This tag is non-inheritable and
> I'd rather keep it that way.
>
> So I would like to have a way to list all items in a done state where
> there is no 'project' tag on it nor in any of its (indirect) parents.

Does the following work?

(org-add-agenda-custom-command
 '("x" "Archivable"
   ((tags "-project/DONE"
	  ((org-use-tag-inheritance '("project")))))))

The local org-use-tag-inheritance binding should override your other
tag inheritance settings for this search only.

Best,
Matt

* Re: A custom agenda view for archivable non-project tasks?
@ 2012-05-22  4:34   ` Laurynas Biveinis
From: Laurynas Biveinis @ 2012-05-22  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2012/5/22 Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>:
>> So I would like to have a way to list all items in a done state where
>> there is no 'project' tag on it nor in any of its (indirect) parents.
>
> Does the following work?

> (org-add-agenda-custom-command
>  '("x" "Archivable"
>   ((tags "-project/DONE"
>          ((org-use-tag-inheritance '("project")))))))
>
> The local org-use-tag-inheritance binding should override your other
> tag inheritance settings for this search only.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

--
Laurynas