* R export graphics
@ 2012-02-12 22:32 Riccardo Romoli
From: Riccardo Romoli @ 2012-02-12 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, I have some trouble exporting figures from an R-org-babel session.

The code I use to generate the figure is:

#+name: my figure
#+headers: :results graphics :file /Users/riccardoromoli/Documents/
Dropbox/PhD/myFigure.pdf
#+begin_src R :session *R* :exports results
#+end_src

So, if I use : file /User/riccardoromoli/Documents/...., all works
right, but, if I use ~/Documents/..... the R console says:
  Error in pdf(file = "~/Dropbox/PhD/myFigure.pdf") : cannot open file
'~/Dropbox/PhD/myFigure.pdf'

I usually work in the DropBox folder because at work I have a linux
machine instead at my home I have an OsX machine, so if I could use
"~", I should not change the code every time I switch between the two
different computer.

Best
Riccardo

* Re: R export graphics
@ 2012-02-12 23:04 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-02-12 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Riccardo Romoli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Riccardo Romoli <ric.romoli@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, I have some trouble exporting figures from an R-org-babel session.
>
> The code I use to generate the figure is:
>
> #+name: my figure
> #+headers: :results graphics :file /Users/riccardoromoli/Documents/
> Dropbox/PhD/myFigure.pdf
> #+begin_src R :session *R* :exports results
> #+end_src
>
> So, if I use : file /User/riccardoromoli/Documents/...., all works
> right, but, if I use ~/Documents/..... the R console says:
>  Error in pdf(file = "~/Dropbox/PhD/myFigure.pdf") : cannot open file
> ~/Dropbox/PhD/myFigure.pdf'
>
> I usually work in the DropBox folder because at work I have a linux
> machine instead at my home I have an OsX machine, so if I could use
> "~", I should not change the code every time I switch between the two
> different computer.
>
> Best
> Riccardo

Aloha Riccardo,

If you work in your Dropbox/PhD folder (your .org files are there), then
you should be able to do :file myFigure.pdf on both systems.

hth,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye