* Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?
@ 2020-03-13 13:25 Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2020-03-13 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ohai,

I would like to automatically have the results of a double prefixed call to
`org-time-stamp-inactive` inserted as the body of new TODO entries. I
suspect I can do this with Capture templates but every time I read that
manual section it seems to have a lot more than I want. I'm also reasonably
sure I could write a simple function and override bindings such that all of
the default behaviors of TODO insertion happened _plus_ newline-and-indent,
newline-and-indent, double prefix org-time-stamp-inactive, previous-line,
previous-line.

Am I missing something here or barking up the wrong tree in either
direction?

Thanks in advance!

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

https://blog.twonegatives.com
https://five.sentenc.es

* Re: Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?
@ 2020-03-16  3:38 ` wry
From: wry @ 2020-03-16  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I would like to automatically have the results of a double prefixed call to
>`org-time-stamp-inactive` inserted as the body of new TODO entries.

Have you tried including %U in your template? See "Template expansion"
in the Org Mode documentation:

("t" "Full task capture" entry (file+headline "~/org/tasks.org"
	 "INBOX") "* TODO %?\n%iAdded: %U")

>https://five.sentenc.es

Heads up, the ssl on https://five.sentenc.es/ is broken.

* Re: Automatic Capture of Heading Creation Time In Certain Files?
@ 2020-03-16 13:53   ` Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2020-03-16 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)