* Beamer latex export of included partial files
@ 2011-08-07 14:33 LanX
From: LanX @ 2011-08-07 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I'm working on a fairly large beamer presentation and the turn-around times
from edit till pdf-view are fairly long.

Are there any recommended ways to shorten that?

I tried to split my org-file at the top level into a master and several
others which are inserted at export-time via "#+include"

The idea is that I can work on single chapters and speed up processing time.

Unfortunately all beamer settings of the master get lost when I export one
of the lower level files.

Including the settings for each chapter from an individual file doesn't
work.

Is there a recommended way to do this?

Cheers
 Rolf

* Re: Beamer latex export of included partial files
@ 2011-08-07 16:38 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2011-08-07 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

LanX <lanx.perl@googlemail.com> writes:

> Is there a recommended way to do this?

From the beamer manual:

┏━━━┫ 4.3.3 Ways of Improving Compilation Speed ┃
┃ While working on your presentation, it may sometimes be useful to TeX
┃ your .tex file quickly and have the presentation contain only the most
┃ important information. This is especially true if you have a slow
┃ machine.  In this case, you can do several things to speed up the
┃ compilation. First, you can use the draft class option.
┃
┃ #+begin_src latex
┃ \documentclass[draft]{beamer}
┃ #+end_src
┃
┃ Causes the headlines, footlines, and sidebars to be replaced by gray
┃ rectangles (their sizes are still computed, though). Many other
┃ packages, including pgf and hyperref, also “speed up” when this option
┃ is given.
┃
┃ Second, you can use the following command:
┃ #+begin_src latex
┃ \includeonlyframes{⟨frame label list⟩}
┃ #+end_src
┃
┃ This command behaves a little bit like the \includeonly command: Only
┃ the frames mentioned in the list are included. All other frames are
┃ suppressed. Nevertheless, the section and subsection commands are still
┃ executed, so that you still have the correct navigation bars. By
┃ labeling the current frame as, say, current and then saying
┃ \includeonlyframes{current}, you can work on a single frame quickly.
┃
┃ The ⟨frame label list⟩ is a comma-separated list (without spaces) of the
┃ names of frames that have been labeled. To label a frame, you must pass
┃ the option label=⟨name⟩ to the \frame command or frame environment.
┃
┃ Example:
┃ #+begin_src latex
┃ \includeonlyframes{example1,example3}
┃ \frame[label=example1]
┃ {This frame will be included. }
┃ \frame[label=example2]
┃ {This frame will not be included. }
┃ \frame{This frame will not be included.}
┃ \againframe{example1} % Will be included
┃ #+end_latex
┗━━━

--
Sent from my Emacs

* Re: Beamer latex export of included partial files
@ 2011-08-07 23:45   ` LanX
From: LanX @ 2011-08-07 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode