* Bugs in org-babel "comments org" property blank spaces and links
@ 2015-08-10 13:00 Seamus Tuohy
From: Seamus Tuohy @ 2015-08-10 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello All,

I have encountered what I believe to be two bugs in the way that org-babel
handles exporting using the org based comments.
I am running on Org-mode version 8.3.1 ( 8.3.1-elpaplus ) as pulled from
Cask.

The first is a bug is related to the handling of commenting links. When
links are commented the entire link is not commented. Only the text is
commented. This creates an uncommented string in the source code. Here is
an example.

---source.org---

#+PROPERTY:    comments org

** [[http://orgmode.org/][Header links are broken on export]]
[[http://orgmode.org/][Inline links are broken on export]]

---output.el---

[[http://orgmode.org/][;; Header links are broken on export]]
[[http://orgmode.org/][;; Inline links are broken on export]]

------

The second bug causes an error to occur when exporting source blocks that
do not text between them.

---source.org---

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "Inline blocks that have no text between them are broken as well.")
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "I am broken.")
#+END_SRC

---output.el---

(message "Inline blocks that have no text between them are broken as well.")

------

When toggle-debug-on-error is set the following error occurs.

---*Backtrace*---

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Nothing to comment")
  signal(error ("Nothing to comment"))
  error("Nothing to comment")
  comment-region-default(1 3 nil)
  comment-region(1 3)
 org-babel-spec-to-string((
  org-babel-tangle(nil)

----

I have put some files I have used to reproduce the bug at the following
gist.

https://gist.github.com/elationfoundation/0238ecb4e26730bdbab1

Best,
s2e