* Gather properties for use by babel source block?
@ 2011-08-02 23:57 Tim Burt
From: Tim Burt @ 2011-08-02 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to gather data from properties into something that can be used by
a babel source block (e.g. plot the data).  Searches in the manual,
worg, and gmane have not yielded the method, but my best guess is that
I've missed it.  If so, this is simply a request for a pointer to the
documentation I should read.

BACKGROUND: I'm trying to complete a workflow where I capture data over
time and periodically operate with it (e.g. put into a database and
plot).  The excellent documentation for orgmode has made certain parts
easy going, but the current obstacle is extracting properties that can
subsequently be operated on in babel source blocks.
 + [X] Capture data into properties using templates
 + [X] View tables of properties in org file
   * [X] use columnview dynamic block
   * [X] use org-collector
 + [ ] Gather properties for use by babel source block
 + [-] Operate on the gathered properties
   * [-] SQL or SQLite
     - [X] follow simple tutorials for proof of principle
     - [ ] populate database with gathered properties
   * [-] R
     - [X] follow simple tutorials
     - [ ] calculate statistics and populate database
     - [ ] plot from database
     - [ ] plot from table in org file

Good evening,
Tim