* Bug in the Org-mode version that comes with Emacs
@ 2014-08-16 14:40 darcamo
From: darcamo @ 2014-08-16 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I track the emacs repo (http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs.git) and from
time to time I update my local version and starting using the new version.

A few days ago I notice that my org files started opening with all trees
fully expanded instead of collapsed and, worse, fill-paragraph didn't
function correctly. On using fill paragraph a child list item or even
headlines would be joined with the parent item thus breaking the org-mode
file structure. If I call the org-fill-paragraph directly it works as
intended, but previously I could just call fill-paragraph and it would work
correctly.

I'm still learning how to use git, but in my first time trying "git bisect"
I have found that the most recent commit that works correctly is
320eb6b0f4315929d70d7a1e9f05f8d3cc0f4009,
while the bug seem to be introduced in
0ce71d38bf295205067fd334e1993906f7fb0ba7.

This bug was probably introduced not in org-mode, but by some change in
Emacs. Nevertheless, if I use the most up to date version of Emacs I only
see the problems I described in org-mode files. If anyone else seeing these
problems?

Notice that I tested if the bug exists in a given version starting emacs
with the "-Q" option.

Kind regards,
Darlan