* LaTeX export \listoffigures
@ 2012-08-28  4:04 Henri-Paul Indiogine
From: Henri-Paul Indiogine @ 2012-08-28  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings!

I am using orgmode with export to LaTeX to write my dissertation.   My
thanks to all codes and contributors.  Without org-mode it would take
me even more time.

I am wondering how to have the LaTeX command \listoffigures
automatically added by the export function.

I have the following from the top of the org file:

#+TAGS: noexport(n) chp(c) sec(s) subsec(b) temp(t) app(a)
#+LaTeX_CLASS: book
#+LaTeX_header: \usepackage[margin=2.5cm]{geometry}
#+LaTeX_header: \usepackage{appendix}
#+LANGUAGE: en
#+TODO: VOID(v) STRT(s) COMP(c) REVD(r) DONE(d)
#+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
#+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport

So, I know how to add packages in the preamble.  However,
\listoffigures does not go in the preamble but soon after
\begin{document} and \tableofcontents

It seems that the "book" LaTeX class automatically adds
\tableofcontents.  How can I tweak that to add \listoffigures and
maybe \listoftables ?

Thanks,
Henri-Paul

--
Henri-Paul Indiogine

Curriculum & Instruction
Texas A&M University
TutorFind Learning Centre
http://www.tutorfind.ca

Email: hindiogine@gmail.com
Skype: hindiogine

* Re: LaTeX export \listoffigures
@ 2012-08-28  5:43 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-08-28  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henri-Paul Indiogine; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Henri-Paul Indiogine <hindiogine@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I am using orgmode with export to LaTeX to write my dissertation.   My
> thanks to all codes and contributors.  Without org-mode it would take
> me even more time.
>
> I am wondering how to have the LaTeX command \listoffigures
> automatically added by the export function.
>
> I have the following from the top of the org file:
>
> #+TAGS: noexport(n) chp(c) sec(s) subsec(b) temp(t) app(a)
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: book
> #+LaTeX_header: \usepackage[margin=2.5cm]{geometry}
> #+LaTeX_header: \usepackage{appendix}
> #+LANGUAGE: en
> #+TODO: VOID(v) STRT(s) COMP(c) REVD(r) DONE(d)
> #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS: export
> #+EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS: noexport
>
> So, I know how to add packages in the preamble.  However,
> \listoffigures does not go in the preamble but soon after
> \begin{document} and \tableofcontents
>
> It seems that the "book" LaTeX class automatically adds
> \tableofcontents.  How can I tweak that to add \listoffigures and
> maybe \listoftables ?

No, it's the exporter itself that adds the \tableofcontents - or not:
with

\tableofcontents will not be generated.

In any case, in the same way that you can add something to the preamble
with #+LaTeX_header, you can add something to the document with
#+LATEX. The trick is to add it first thing so that it goes right after
the \tableofcontents:

#+LATEX: \listoffigures

* foo
foo "a b c" bar