* Easy Template does not expand
       [not found] <140395896.2272888.1526549921336.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2018-05-17  9:38 ` ZHUO QL (KDr2)
From: ZHUO QL (KDr2) @ 2018-05-17  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-org List

I am on the bleeding edge and using the master branch of Org-mode. After updating the source of Org a few days ago, I found the easy template can be expanded by TAB key now, that is:
When I press TAB after typing <s in an Org file, nothing happens.
Version Info:GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.28) of 2018-02-19, modified by DebianOrg mode version 9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-86-ga91eae @ /home/kdr2/Work/opensrc/org-mode/lisp/)
Does anybody know what's wrong about this? Thanks.
 Greetings.

ZHUO QL (KDr2, http://kdr2.com)

* Re: Easy Template does not expand
@ 2018-05-17 13:41   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2018-05-17 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ZHUO QL (KDr2); +Cc: Emacs-org List

"ZHUO QL (KDr2)" <zhuoql@yahoo.com> writes:

> I am on the bleeding edge and using the master branch of Org-mode. After updating the source of Org a few days ago, I found the easy template can be expanded by TAB key now, that is:
>
> When I press TAB after typing <s in an Org file, nothing happens.
>
> Version Info:
> GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.28) of 2018-02-19, modified by Debian
> Org mode version 9.0.5 (release_9.0.5-86-ga91eae @ /home/kdr2/Work/opensrc/org-mode/lisp/)
>
> Does anybody know what's wrong about this? Thanks.

It's not wrong - it's changed.

There is a new keybinding C-c C-, for inserting templates that replaces
the <eTAB and <sTAB old functionality.

The new binding is better as it handles regions and wraps them.

The old functionality can be restored by adding

(require 'org-tempo)

See ORG_NEWS for more details.

Regards,
Bernt