* mathjax
@ 2017-06-11  9:12 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2017-06-11  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Mathjax exports to html no longer works for me. I tried the alternative
CDN providers:

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.1/MathJax.js?...
https://cdn.rawgit.com/mathjax/MathJax/2.7.1/MathJax.js

but they've shut down. There seems to be nothing helpful in either
ORG-NEWS, info or https://www.mathjax.org/cdn-shutting-down/.

Is the only solution to install a local copy of mathjax?

Thanks, Colin.

Colin Baxter
m43cap@yandex.com
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8

* Re: mathjax
@ 2017-06-11 13:25 ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-06-11 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter, emacs-org list

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017, 5:14 AM Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Mathjax exports to html no longer works for me. I tried the alternative
> CDN providers:
>
> https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.1/MathJax.js?...
> https://cdn.rawgit.com/mathjax/MathJax/2.7.1/MathJax.js
>
> but they've shut down.

The cloudflare link you pasted above works fine for me even now.

There seems to be nothing helpful in either
> ORG-NEWS, info or https://www.mathjax.org/cdn-shutting-down/.

The default links were updated on the maint branch last April:
http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-mode.git/commit/?h=maint&id=842a75828f5e16412fdab5180164eda27e971e0d

So all the org-mode updates on Org Elpa or Melpa since then have that in
effect, and even the releases starting with version 9.0.6.

- What's your org version?
- What do you see when you do C-h v org-html-mathjax-options ?
--

Kaushal Modi

* Re: mathjax
@ 2017-06-11 14:03   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2017-06-11 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaushal Modi; +Cc: emacs-org list

Dear Kaushal,

    Kaushal> So all the org-mode updates on Org Elpa or Melpa since then
    Kaushal> have that in effect, and even the releases starting with
    Kaushal> version 9.0.6.

    Kaushal> - What's your org version?  - What do you see when you do
    Kaushal> C-h v org-html-mathjax-options ?  --

My org is version 9.0.8, and I've appended the output for
org-html-mathjax-options. I'm guessing the relevant bit is at the bottom.

------------ Begin --------

org-html-mathjax-options is a variable defined in `ox-html.el'.
Its value is shown below.

Documentation:
Options for MathJax setup.

Alist of the following elements.  All values are strings.

path          The path to MathJax.
scale         Scaling with HTML-CSS, MathML and SVG output engines.
align         How to align display math: left, center, or right.
font          The font to use with HTML-CSS and SVG output.  As of MathJax 2.5
              the following values are understood: "TeX", "STIX-Web",
              "Asana-Math", "Neo-Euler", "Gyre-Pagella",
              "Gyre-Termes", and "Latin-Modern".
linebreaks    Let MathJax perform automatic linebreaks.  Valid values
              are "true" and "false".
indent        If align is not center, how far from the left/right side?
              Valid values are "left" and "right"
multlinewidth The width of the multline environment.
autonumber    How to number equations.  Valid values are "None",
              "all" and "AMS Math".
tagindent     The amount tags are indented.
tagside       Which side to show tags/labels on.  Valid values are
              "left" and "right"

You can also customize this for each buffer, using something like

#+HTML_MATHJAX: align: left indent: 5em tagside: left font: Neo-Euler

For further information about MathJax options, see the MathJax documentation:

  http://docs.mathjax.org/

You can customize this variable.

This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
version 8.3 of the Org package.

Value: ((path "https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.0/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS_HTML")
 (scale "100")
 (align "center")
 (font "TeX")
 (linebreaks "false")
 (autonumber "AMS")
 (indent "0em")
 (multlinewidth "85%")
 (tagindent ".8em")
 (tagside "right"))

---------- End -------

Best wishes,

@ 2017-06-12 13:42     ` Adam Aviv
From: Adam Aviv @ 2017-06-12 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: emacs-org list, Kaushal Modi

Another change in moving to cloudflair was that it was https link rather
than a http. It could be the case that you have mixed content, https with
http as well. Does it still not render when you change to https?

Adam J. Aviv, PhD
*Asst. Professor*
*Computer Science*
*U.S. Naval Academy*
*(410) 293- 6655*

* Re: mathjax
@ 2017-06-12 15:20       ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2017-06-12 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Aviv; +Cc: emacs-org list, Kaushal Modi

Dear Kaushal and Adam

    Adam> Another change in moving to cloudflair was that it was https
    Adam> link rather than a http. It could be the case that you have
    Adam> mixed content, https with http as well. Does it still not
    Adam> render when you change to https?

    Adam> On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Colin Baxter
    Adam> <m43cap@yandex.com> wrote:

I have mathjax working now. I had inserted a path to cdnjs.cloudflare
local to the file, which I had thought mistakenly was identical to the global
setting. However, one was https and the other http. As always, the devil
is in the detail.

Thank you for your help.

@ 2017-06-12 15:26         ` Kaushal Modi
From: Kaushal Modi @ 2017-06-12 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)