* org-id garbage collection?
@ 2013-01-09  4:01 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-01-09  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Does org-id ever remove deleted items from
~/.emacs.d/.org-id-locations?

I did find the function org-id-update-id-locations, which definitely
compacts the locations file. I haven't verified if this actually
removes items, or merely reorganizes the list to be stored more
efficiently.

A curious thing about that function -- if duplicate IDs are found, it
says to check the Messages buffer, but Messages is full of lines like:

Finding ID locations (659/674 files): ~/Documents/mobileorg/semester.org
Finding ID locations (660/674 files): ~/Documents/mobileorg/semester.org
Finding ID locations (661/674 files): ~/Documents/mobileorg/semester.org
Finding ID locations (662/674 files): ~/Documents/mobileorg/semester.org
Finding ID locations (663/674 files): ~/Documents/mobileorg/semester.org

Since older entries are removed from Messages, these lines caused the
duplicate ID info to be lost.

Thanks.

hjh

* Re: org-id garbage collection?
@ 2013-01-09  8:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-09  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi James,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> Since older entries are removed from Messages, these lines caused the
> duplicate ID info to be lost.

You can tweak `message-log-max'.

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-id garbage collection?
@ 2013-01-10  2:05   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2013-01-10  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 9, 2013 4:21 PM, "Bastien" <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Since older entries are removed from Messages, these lines caused the
> > duplicate ID info to be lost.
>
> You can tweak `message-log-max'.

Ok... and the behavior of org-id-update-id-locations? Does it remove ids
that aren't found in any of the org files?

I guess if I have time tonight, I can parse the old and new locations files
and compare the keys. I was hoping someone would know and save me the
trouble.

@ 2013-01-10 10:49     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-10 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jamshark70; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi James,

James Harkins <jamshark70@gmail.com> writes:

> Ok... and the behavior of org-id-update-id-locations? Does it remove
> ids that aren't found in any of the org files?
>
> I guess if I have time tonight, I can parse the old and new locations
> files and compare the keys. I was hoping someone would know and save
> me the trouble.

Please let us know, and thanks in advance for your time!

--
 Bastien