* Schedule more roughly
@ 2015-07-15 20:19 Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-07-15 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How can I schedule my todo's more roughly? Say, I know I want to do it next
week or in a few months but I don't know the exact date nor time to do it.
I just want a way to plan more foresighted. If the week starts or the month
I could always set a more accurate timestamp then. Any idea? I tried to
remove the day number in a timestamp but this would destroy the timestamp.

* Re: Schedule more roughly
@ 2015-07-16  3:31 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2015-07-16  3:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> How can I schedule my todo's more roughly? Say, I know I want to do it next week or in a few months but I don't know the exact date nor time to do it. I just want a way to plan more
> foresighted. If the week starts or the month I could always set a more accurate timestamp then. Any idea? I tried to remove the day number in a timestamp but this would destroy the
> timestamp.

I don't think there's anything built-in that will do this -- I'd
recommend just rescheduling everything to Monday morning next week, and
then do finer-grained rescheduling on the Monday.

You might be amused to try the "random scatter" rescheduling option:
mark the relevant todos, "B" for bulk action, then "S" to shotgun them
over the next N days.

Eirc

* Re: Schedule more roughly
@ 2015-07-16 19:18 ` Subhan Michael Tindall
From: Subhan Michael Tindall @ 2015-07-16 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Koell, emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 1:19 PM Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I schedule my todo's more roughly? Say, I know I want to do it
> next week or in a few months but I don't know the exact date nor time to do
> it. I just want a way to plan more foresighted. If the week starts or the
> month I could always set a more accurate timestamp then. Any idea? I tried
> to remove the day number in a timestamp but this would destroy the
> timestamp.

Take a look at habits.  It has something similar IE you can set a due date
for a habit to be completed for say at least 3 days, but not more than 5
days.
Not exactly what you are looking for but might be adaptable.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Tracking-your-habits.html

* Re: Schedule more roughly
@ 2015-07-17 12:01   ` Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-07-17 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)