* Org LaTeX export not setting default title?
@ 2013-05-08 10:06 Daniel E. Doherty
From: Daniel E. Doherty @ 2013-05-08 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode List

All,

I just upgraded to 8.02, so I am trying out the new exporter.  Nice.

A little nit.  When I export a minimal org file, it should use the
name of the file or buffer as the title if I set nothing in #+TITLE:,
but it seems not to.

Here it a minimal Org file named 'Junk.org':
======================================

* First Headline
* Second Headline

======================================

And this is the LaTex, when I do an export LaTeX to buffer:

======================================
% Created 2013-05-08 Wed 05:03
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{amstext}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\author{Daniel E. Doherty}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{

Note that the \title is empty, but should be \title{Junk}.

I do have some customizations set, but nothing that I can see would
affect the title.

Anyone else seeing this?

Regards,

Dan

* Re: Org LaTeX export not setting default title?
@ 2013-05-08 12:52 ` Jay Kerns
From: Jay Kerns @ 2013-05-08 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel E. Doherty; +Cc: Org-mode List

Hi Dan,

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:06 AM, Daniel E. Doherty <ded-law@ddoherty.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I just upgraded to 8.02, so I am trying out the new exporter.  Nice.
>
> A little nit.  When I export a minimal org file, it should use the
> name of the file or buffer as the title if I set nothing in #+TITLE:,
> but it seems not to.

[snip]

I am writing to say that I observe the same behavior that you do so it
isn't something unique to your setup.  I will let others say what
Org's new exporter  should do in this case, but let me point out that
if you insert the default export template with

C-c C-e # d <TAB> RET

Then the file name (with extension removed) is inserted in the #+TITLE
field and exported to the LaTeX buffer.  I understand, though, that
this probably isn't what you meant by "minimal org file".

Cheers,

--
Jay

* Re: Org LaTeX export not setting default title?
@ 2013-05-08 14:04 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-08 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel E. Doherty; +Cc: Org-mode List

Hello,

Daniel E. Doherty <ded-law@ddoherty.net> writes:

> A little nit.  When I export a minimal org file, it should use the
> name of the file or buffer as the title if I set nothing in #+TITLE:,
> but it seems not to.

It should be fixed in maint. Thank you for reporting this.

Nicolas Goaziou