emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* org-shiftdown
@ 2013-11-18 16:15 Fabrice Popineau
  2013-11-18 18:16 ` org-shiftdown Bastien
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-11-18 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 427 bytes --]

I think there is a problem with it.
Sometimes I have something already selected, say I selected it with the
mouse.
Next I do shift-down and the previous selected region is deselected before
the next-line
gets selected. Normal behavior would be that the selected region
is expanded.
It does not happen all the time, but often enough to be really
annoying.
Any idea on how to track what's happening ?

Best regards,

-- 
Fabrice

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 605 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-shiftdown
  2013-11-18 16:15 org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
@ 2013-11-18 18:16 ` Bastien
  2013-11-18 19:14   ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-18 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Fabrice,

Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> writes:

> Any idea on how to track what's happening ?

What the value of `org-support-shift-select'?

-- 
 Bastien

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-shiftdown
  2013-11-18 18:16 ` org-shiftdown Bastien
@ 2013-11-18 19:14   ` Fabrice Popineau
  2013-11-18 20:43     ` org-shiftdown Samuel Wales
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-11-18 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 284 bytes --]

>
>
> > Any idea on how to track what's happening ?
>
> What the value of `org-support-shift-select'?
>
>
It's true. I couldn't catch yet under what condition it happens.
I suspect some race condition or something like that.
Because it seems actually to happen randomly.

-- 
Fabrice

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 604 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-shiftdown
  2013-11-18 19:14   ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
@ 2013-11-18 20:43     ` Samuel Wales
  2013-11-18 23:55       ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-11-18 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

Does this happen after you compile?

> It's true. I couldn't catch yet under what condition it happens.
> I suspect some race condition or something like that.
> Because it seems actually to happen randomly.

-- 
The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-shiftdown
  2013-11-18 20:43     ` org-shiftdown Samuel Wales
@ 2013-11-18 23:55       ` Fabrice Popineau
  2013-11-19  0:10         ` org-shiftdown Samuel Wales
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-11-18 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 796 bytes --]

2013/11/18 Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>

> Does this happen after you compile?
>
>
Seems you are right. So you must have an idea why it fails after compiling?
:-)


>  > It's true. I couldn't catch yet under what condition it happens.
> > I suspect some race condition or something like that.
> > Because it seems actually to happen randomly.
>
> --
> The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com
>
> The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can
> get it.
>
> Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.
>



-- 
Fabrice Popineau
-----------------------------
SUPELEC
Département Informatique
3, rue Joliot Curie
91192 Gif/Yvette Cedex
Tel direct : +33 (0) 169851950
Standard : +33 (0) 169851212
------------------------------

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1517 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-shiftdown
  2013-11-18 23:55       ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
@ 2013-11-19  0:10         ` Samuel Wales
  2013-11-19  0:57           ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 7+ messages in thread
From: Samuel Wales @ 2013-11-19  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fabrice Popineau; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

I have no idea.

However, I have noticed that when Emacs is running, and I compile,
some things break.  Then I have to restart Emacs.  This makes no sense
whatsoever.  The running Emacs should not be affected by compiling
outside of Emacs.

On 11/18/13, Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> wrote:
> 2013/11/18 Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
>
>> Does this happen after you compile?
>>
>>
> Seems you are right. So you must have an idea why it fails after compiling?
> :-)
>
>
>>  > It's true. I couldn't catch yet under what condition it happens.
>> > I suspect some race condition or something like that.
>> > Because it seems actually to happen randomly.
>>
>> --
>> The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com
>>
>> The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can
>> get it.
>>
>> Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Fabrice Popineau
> -----------------------------
> SUPELEC
> Département Informatique
> 3, rue Joliot Curie
> 91192 Gif/Yvette Cedex
> Tel direct : +33 (0) 169851950
> Standard : +33 (0) 169851212
> ------------------------------
>


-- 
The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

* Re: org-shiftdown
  2013-11-19  0:10         ` org-shiftdown Samuel Wales
@ 2013-11-19  0:57           ` Fabrice Popineau
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 7+ messages in thread
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2013-11-19  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Wales; +Cc: Bastien, emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2361 bytes --]

2013/11/19 Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>

> I have no idea.
>
> However, I have noticed that when Emacs is running, and I compile,
> some things break.  Then I have to restart Emacs.  This makes no sense
> whatsoever.  The running Emacs should not be affected by compiling
> outside of Emacs.
>
>
What do you mean by "outside of emacs" ? Because you compile asynchronously
?
That doesn't change anything. The compilation process can change any emacs
lisp data.

What I can confirm is that I also have to restart emacs from time to time.
I used org mode
intensively the last 2 days (presentation tomorrow :-)) . Org mode broke a
couple of times.
Example: I use C-c C-e l O to export to beamer. It happened that this key
sequence failed
in the middle of some byte code. If I encounter it again, I'll send a
backtrace. Albeit it will
probably be impossible to anyone to reproduce it exactly.


Fabrice


> On 11/18/13, Fabrice Popineau <fabrice.popineau@supelec.fr> wrote:
> > 2013/11/18 Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com>
> >
> >> Does this happen after you compile?
> >>
> >>
> > Seems you are right. So you must have an idea why it fails after
> compiling?
> > :-)
> >
> >
> >>  > It's true. I couldn't catch yet under what condition it happens.
> >> > I suspect some race condition or something like that.
> >> > Because it seems actually to happen randomly.
> >>
> >> --
> >> The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com
> >>
> >> The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can
> >> get it.
> >>
> >> Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Fabrice Popineau
> > -----------------------------
> > SUPELEC
> > Département Informatique
> > 3, rue Joliot Curie
> > 91192 Gif/Yvette Cedex
> > Tel direct : +33 (0) 169851950
> > Standard : +33 (0) 169851212
> > ------------------------------
> >
>
>
> --
> The Kafka Pandemic: http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com
>
> The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can
> get it.
>
> Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.
>



-- 
Fabrice Popineau
-----------------------------
SUPELEC
Département Informatique
3, rue Joliot Curie
91192 Gif/Yvette Cedex
Tel direct : +33 (0) 169851950
Standard : +33 (0) 169851212
------------------------------

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 3789 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 7+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2013-11-19  0:58 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 7+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2013-11-18 16:15 org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
2013-11-18 18:16 ` org-shiftdown Bastien
2013-11-18 19:14   ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
2013-11-18 20:43     ` org-shiftdown Samuel Wales
2013-11-18 23:55       ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau
2013-11-19  0:10         ` org-shiftdown Samuel Wales
2013-11-19  0:57           ` org-shiftdown Fabrice Popineau

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).