* How to suppress refile logging only for refiling from capture templates?
@ 2011-10-06 15:31 Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2011-10-06 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've been looking through the manual and have tried a few things that
might have worked, but I've not been able to accomplish my desire.

Is there any way to both in general log refiles and to suppress such
logging when refiling via use of a capture template?

I find the refile option from within the capture buffer most handy and
do in general want to log refiling events. But, in a real sense, when
refiling from the capture buffer, the item hasn't really come into
existence yet and so "refiling" it seems more like an initial filing.
(I am aware that the item does occur in an org prior to refiling, but
that seems like an implementation detail.) I am ending up with
everything refiled from captures having refile logging and this makes
for a lot of noise when I am trying to focus on genuinely refiled
items.

Thanks and best,

Brian vdB

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-10-06 15:31 UTC | newest]