* Basic question re. spreadsheet function
@ 2014-01-09 10:13 Steve Dowe
From: Steve Dowe @ 2014-01-09 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I'm testing out whether I can use a table in org as a project status
tracker.  In col 6, I have the value of the project (e.g. 162.50) and in
col 9, the status (e.g. quoted, approved, invoiced, closed, etc.)

I would like to see, at a glance, what the value of quoted work is, so I'm
currently doing this in col 12 (pasted from formula editor):

# Column Formulas
$12 = if($9=quoted,$6,0)

( Col 9 in this instance contains "closed" and Col 6 contains 162.50. )

This formula results in the text

 closed = quoted ? 162.5 : 0

being displayed in col 12.  However, in another row where the col 9 does
have the text "quoted", I get pretty much the result I'm looking for, e.g.
"400." will appear in col 12 where I have 400.00 in col 6.

In the instance where the if test proves false, I would like a zero or
nothing appearing.  The intention is to sum this column in a footer row.

I have consulted
http://orgmode.org/manual/Formula-syntax-for-Calc.html#Formula-syntax-for-Calcbut
it contains a dead link (
http://orgmode.org/calc/Logical-Operations.html#Logical-Operations) -