* table export-as-html from a simple list
@ 2013-10-29  2:53 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2013-10-29  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Emacs 24.3
org-mode 7.8.11

I am trying to export org file into html, and the result html needs to show
a table rather than a list.

I understand that

|-----+-----|
|     |       |
|     |       |

would export itself into a table.  But this form of contents is not easy to
read and edit, though it might be my personal preference.
I prefer,

* ....
-
-

style.

Is there anyway to export the org list into an html table?

soichi

* Re: table export-as-html from a simple list
@ 2013-10-29 18:18 ` Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2013-10-29 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2013-10-28 22:53, ishi soichi wrote:
> Emacs 24.3
> org-mode 7.8.11
>
> I am trying to export org file into html, and the result html needs to
> show a table rather than a list.
>
> I understand that
>
> |-----+-----|
> |     |       |
> |     |       |
>
> would export itself into a table.  But this form of contents is not
> easy to read and edit, though it might be my personal preference.
> I prefer,
>
> * ....
> -
> -
>
> style.
>
> Is there anyway to export the org list into an html table?

Short answer, no. You could play around with the css display:
attribute (table, table-row, table-cell), but a table is inherently
2-d and a list 1-d.

rick

* Re: table export-as-html from a simple list
@ 2013-10-30  1:54   ` ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2013-10-30  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Frankel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode