* Two questions about org-export-insert-default-template in new org-exporter
@ 2013-06-04 17:48 Robert Goldman
From: Robert Goldman @ 2013-06-04 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

1.  The original org-insert-export-options-template always inserted the
template at the top of the file.  The new one inserts at point.  Since
the options need to be at the top of the file, would there be any
objection to making the new template inserter behave the same way?

2.  Users can directly issue this command using M-x
org-export-insert-default-template, since it's tagged as (interactive).
 Since this is possible, wouldn't it make sense to have the function
query for the BACKEND argument when invoked interactively?

Best,

* Re: Two questions about org-export-insert-default-template in new org-exporter
@ 2013-06-04 18:02 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-06-04 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:

> 1.  The original org-insert-export-options-template always inserted the
> template at the top of the file.  The new one inserts at point.  Since
> the options need to be at the top of the file, would there be any
> objection to making the new template inserter behave the same way?

I can't reproduce your claim on Org v8.03.

For instance this works great with html and LaTeX.

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* TODO my topic
this is my documents with garbage in the bottom
* hide the boring stuff          :noexport:
#+TITLE: my boring title
#+AUTHOR: my boring name
#+DATE: Another day at the office
#+END_SRC

> 2.  Users can directly issue this command using M-x
> org-export-insert-default-template, since it's tagged as (interactive).
>  Since this is possible, wouldn't it make sense to have the function
> query for the BACKEND argument when invoked interactively?

Use the export dispatcher.  C-e # or C-e l # (for LaTeX).

–Rasmus

--
Enough with the bla bla!

* Re: Two questions about org-export-insert-default-template in new org-exporter
@ 2013-06-04 18:19   ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2013-06-04 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rasmus writes:

> Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:
>
>> 1.  The original org-insert-export-options-template always inserted the
>> template at the top of the file.  The new one inserts at point.  Since
>> the options need to be at the top of the file, would there be any
>> objection to making the new template inserter behave the same way?
>
> I can't reproduce your claim on Org v8.03.
>
> For instance this works great with html and LaTeX.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC org
> * TODO my topic
> this is my documents with garbage in the bottom
> * hide the boring stuff          :noexport:
> #+TITLE: my boring title
> #+AUTHOR: my boring name
> #+DATE: Another day at the office
> #+END_SRC

I don't remember this being the case in previous versions either, I
usually had something along the lines of

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* Configuration

@ 2013-06-04 18:21     ` Jonathan Leech-Pepin
From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin @ 2013-06-04 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oops, sent incomplete.

On 4 June 2013 14:19, Jonathan Leech-Pepin
<jonathan.leechpepin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Rasmus writes:
>
>> Robert Goldman <rpgoldman@sift.info> writes:
>>
>>> 1.  The original org-insert-export-options-template always inserted the
>>> template at the top of the file.  The new one inserts at point.  Since
>>> the options need to be at the top of the file, would there be any
>>> objection to making the new template inserter behave the same way?
>>
>> I can't reproduce your claim on Org v8.03.
>>
>> For instance this works great with html and LaTeX.
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>> * TODO my topic
>> this is my documents with garbage in the bottom
>> * hide the boring stuff          :noexport:
>> #+TITLE: my boring title
>> #+AUTHOR: my boring name
>> #+DATE: Another day at the office
>> #+END_SRC
>>

> I don't remember this being the case in previous versions either, I
> usually had something along the lines of

#+BEGIN_SRC org
,* Configuration                                     :ARCHIVE:
,#+TITLE: TITLE
,#+AUTHOR: me
#+END_SRC

as the last headline in my file.