* org-babel autosave
@ 2012-02-14  0:36 Colin Maxwell
From: Colin Maxwell @ 2012-02-14  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I've noticed that autosaving does not operate when you are editing an org-babel buffer via C-c '. Is there a way to turn it on?

cheers,
Colin

* Re: org-babel autosave
@ 2012-02-14  2:38 ` Leo Alekseyev
From: Leo Alekseyev @ 2012-02-14  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs orgmode

Yes, but the question is -- what is the desired behavior?  If you just
want to autosave the temporary org-src buffer, see my question on
stack overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/8849661/133234

In short, you'd just need to   (add-hook 'org-src-mode-hook '(lambda
() (auto-save-mode t))) and specify the appropriate file name.

This has the drawback that the autosave fill will never be removed,
since the org-src buffers never actually get saved.

A better solution would be to auto-save the underlying org-buffer.  I
am not sure how to do this for timed autosave.  For manual
do-auto-save, the following works.

 (defadvice do-auto-save (around do-auto-save-org-src activate)
   (if org-src-mode
       (org-src-in-org-buffer (do-auto-save))
     ad-do-it))

I tried putting this into an autosave-hook and disable the hook on
invocation from org, but couldn't avoid infinite recursion.  Perhaps
someone more experienced can come up with the right solution.