* BUG? Extra colon for inherited tags in agenda
@ 2019-09-04 22:44 David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2019-09-04 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I see that, for tags picked up via inheritance from parent headlines,
when the tags are produced in the agenda, the current agenda item will
have an extra colon after the inherited tags.  Is this by design?  Can
that be controlled?

Example Parent          :tag1:
Example child of Parent :tag1::
--
David

* Re: BUG? Extra colon for inherited tags in agenda
@ 2019-09-05  5:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2019-09-05  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Masterson; +Cc: org-mode list

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019, 00:45 David Masterson <dsmasterson@outlook.com> wrote:

> I see that, for tags picked up via inheritance from parent headlines,
> when the tags are produced in the agenda, the current agenda item will
> have an extra colon after the inherited tags.  Is this by design?

Yes, it is by design, for display in the agenda only, to show the
difference between direct and inherited tags.

Why would. You want to change it?

Carsten

Can

@ 2019-09-06 23:14   ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2019-09-06 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019, 00:45 David Masterson <dsmasterson@outlook.com> wrote:

>>  I see that, for tags picked up via inheritance from parent headlines,
>>  when the tags are produced in the agenda, the current agenda item will
>>  have an extra colon after the inherited tags.  Is this by design?

> Yes, it is by design, for display in the agenda only, to show the
> difference between direct and inherited tags.
>
> Why would. You want to change it?

Maybe not. Didn't remember seeing it in the documentation, so, at first,
I thought it might be a bug, but it made sense after I thought about it.
As to in the agenda only, I could also see this being something that
export backend might want access to (if it doen't already have access
to it).  Other than that, it's good.
--

@ 2019-09-07  6:53     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2019-09-07  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)