* problems with beamer under the new exporter: no theme; unable to specify heading level; slides fill from bottom up
@ 2015-07-27  4:06 Christopher W. Ryan
From: Christopher W. Ryan @ 2015-07-27  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using org-mode 8.2.4-1 on Linux Mint.

Below is a minimal working example of my problem. The trouble is that
the Berlin theme is not applied--it remains the default theme.

Also, the first slide (after the title slide) seems to "fill from the
bottom up" rather than from the top down. That is, there is a big gap
between the word "Chemistry" and the phrase "Malodorous reduced sulfur
compounds."

Lastly, the H:n option seems to have no effect, regardless of whether
n=1, 2, or 3.

Appreciate any advice.  Thanks.

--Chris Ryan

* Effects of n-butyl mercaptan on human health
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
  :EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [presentation]
  :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: HumanHealthEffectsButylMercaptan.pdf
  :COLUMNS:  %45ITEM %10BEAMER_env(Env) %10BEAMER_act(Act)
%4BEAMER_col(Col) %8BEAMER_opt(Opt)
  :BEAMER_col_ALL: 0.1 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.8 0.9 0.0 :ETC
  :EXPORT_AUTHOR: Christopher W. Ryan, MD, MS
  :EXPORT_BEAMER_OPTIONS: H:2
  :EXPORT_BEAMER_THEME: Berlin
  :END:

** Chemistry

- Malodorous reduced sulfur compounds

    - Mercaptans

        - methyl mercaptan
        - n-butyl mercaptan
        - ter-butyl mercaptan

    - Hydrogen sulfide

* Re: problems with beamer under the new exporter: no theme; unable to specify heading level; slides fill from bottom up
@ 2015-07-27  8:30 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2015-07-27  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday, 27 Jul 2015 at 00:06, Christopher W. Ryan wrote:
> Using org-mode 8.2.4-1 on Linux Mint.
>
> Below is a minimal working example of my problem. The trouble is that
> the Berlin theme is not applied--it remains the default theme.

Do you need to export a sub-tree?  I have no experience in anything
other than full file export for Beamer.  A sub-tree export doesn't work
for me on this file.

> Also, the first slide (after the title slide) seems to "fill from the
> bottom up" rather than from the top down. That is, there is a big gap
> between the word "Chemistry" and the phrase "Malodorous reduced sulfur
> compounds."

This is a beamer issue and nothing to do with org per se.  There are a
couple of options (untested) if you don't like the vertical
spacing.  You can add a "\vfill" line at the end or you can add the [t]
option to the frame.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1293-g985420

@ 2015-08-29 12:30 ` Joseph Vidal-Rosset
From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset @ 2015-08-29 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)