* Open buffers, etc in other window
@ 2019-08-14 20:36 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-08-14 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

There are quite a few commands I run in org-mode to jump to
headlines:  org-clock-goto org-capture-goto-last-stored, etc.

Sometimes, I would prefer that those "jump" commands would use
a new window to perform the jump.

In my quest to learn Lisp a bit better, I'd like to ask for recommended
way(s) to set some kind of flag "e.g. use-other-window", and "wrap"
the various jump commands with code to switch to the other window (or
create one)
and then call the function.

For example, something like:

(def decorator njn-switch-or-create-window() )
(if use-other-window ( switch or create window))
(call original function)
)

(decorate (org-tags-view, org-clock-goto, org-capture-goto-last-stored
njn-switch-or-create-window

I *know* Lisp has a bunch of ways of doing this, but I would
like to hear the "best" way to attempt something like this :)

Thanks,
--Nate

* Re: Open buffers, etc in other window
@ 2019-08-14 20:57 ` Nathan Neff