* Agenda: Display projects and 3 todo subtasks
@ 2019-07-31  2:32 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-07-31  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello all,

I found this cool snippet at Sacha Chua's website: [1].

It creates an agenda view with headings marked with tag "project",
and for each of those headings, it displays up to 3 sub headings marked
TODO.

I like this idea of seeing my projects (plus a few TODO entries under each
project)
in the agenda is a cool idea, so I copy/pasted the snippet at [1].

I created an example org file:
* Project 1                                                    :PROJECT:
** todo task 1.1
** todo task 1.2
** todo task 1.3
** todo task 1.4
* Project 2                                                    :PROJECT:
** todo task 2.1
** todo task 2.2
** todo task 2.3
** todo task 2.4

And ran the custom agenda command on only that file.

The output which is produced lists each project correctly.
However the sub-tasks under each project are the *same 3 subtasks*
from Project 1

  foo:        Project 1
  foo:        todo task 1.1
  foo:        todo task 1.2
  foo:        todo task 1.3
  foo:        Project 2
  foo:        todo task 1.1
  foo:        todo task 1.2
  foo:        todo task 1.3

The snippet at [1] is a bit more complex than I thought would be necessary
for such
an agenda view.  Does someone have any snippets or suggestions for how to
accomplish the idea above?  Is there something obvious that I'm missing
about
the setup of my test org file?

Thanks,
--Nate