* C++ sessions for Babel with cling interpreter
@ 2017-11-05 17:12 garjola
From: garjola @ 2017-11-05 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I use C++ source code blocks in babel frequently and I am very happy with the results. As C++ is a compiled language, ob-C.el does not support sessions.

Unfortunately, this breaks a little my litterate programming workflow, since I don't know how to use small code snippets without sessions.

I have recently discovered cling [1], [2] a C++ interpreter which comes with de Root package [3]. I have also found a cling inferior mode [4] to interact with the interpreter in a comint buffer.

I was wondering if it would be difficult to update ob-C.el to use cling for session support. My elisp knowledge is too poor to understand what is involved in doing such a thing, but I would be interested in trying or helping somebody do it. Unfortunately, I have the impression that the developers of ob-C.el are not around this list anymore?

I would very much appreciate suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you.

Garjola.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://root.cern.ch/cling