* capture append entries, not prepend
@ 2015-07-25  9:01 Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-07-25  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've a capture template like this:

 '(org-capture-templates
   (quote
    (("j" "Journal" plain
      (file+datetree "~/org/journal.org")
      "**** %?" :unnarrowed t)...

Current behaviour:

* 2015
** 2015-07 July
*** 2015-07-24 Friday
**** 3rd entry bla bla bla
**** 2nd entry foo bar
**** 1st entry test

Expected behaviour:

* 2015
** 2015-07 July
*** 2015-07-24 Friday
**** 1st entry test
**** 2nd entry foo bar
**** 3rd entry bla bla bla

I didn't set the 'prepend' key and also tried to set
'org-reverse-notes-order' to always.

* Re: capture append entries, not prepend
@ 2015-07-25 15:00 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2015-07-25 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Manuel Koell <man.koell@gmail.com> writes:

> I've a capture template like this:
>
>  '(org-capture-templates
>    (quote
>     (("j" "Journal" plain
>       (file+datetree "~/org/journal.org")
>       "**** %?" :unnarrowed t)...
>
> Current behaviour:
>
> * 2015
> ** 2015-07 July
> *** 2015-07-24 Friday
> **** 3rd entry bla bla bla
> **** 2nd entry foo bar
> **** 1st entry test
>
> Expected behaviour:
>
> * 2015
> ** 2015-07 July
> *** 2015-07-24 Friday
> **** 1st entry test
> **** 2nd entry foo bar
> **** 3rd entry bla bla bla
>
> I didn't set the 'prepend' key and also tried to set 'org-reverse-notes-order' to always.

I don't think you can do what you want: datetrees are always in the
first form. They don't obey :prepend or reverse notes order.

Not that it cannot be done, but the design has to be changed: "it's not
a bug, it's a feature".

--
Nick

* Re: capture append entries, not prepend
@ 2015-07-25 18:02   ` Manuel Koell
From: Manuel Koell @ 2015-07-25 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode