* [BUG] Macro Argument Truncation
@ 2014-09-22  1:12 Jacob Gerlach
From: Jacob Gerlach @ 2014-09-22  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am making heavy use of latex strikeout for a report I'm preparing in org
mode. I defined a macro for the necessary latex snippet, but the argument
gets truncated on export.

MWE:
----
* Section
{{{stk(The argument for this macro is several lines long. It seems
that after a certain length, the macro argument gets truncated, as the
tex output from exporting this org buffer contains a properly
terminated strikeout block with only part of this text.)}}}
#+MACRO: stk @@latex:\sout{$1}@@

----
C-c C-e l L produces:
----
\sout{The argument for this macro is several lines long. It seems
that after a certain length}
% Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.7c)
----

I see no mention of any reason for this in the macro node of the manual or
on list archives. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Note:
org-plus-contrib is an installed package.

    Version: 20140901

* Re: [BUG] Macro Argument Truncation
@ 2014-09-22  1:40 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-09-22  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacob Gerlach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aloha Jacob,

Jacob Gerlach <jacobgerlach@gmail.com> writes:

> I am making heavy use of latex strikeout for a report I'm preparing in org
> mode. I defined a macro for the necessary latex snippet, but the argument
> gets truncated on export.
>
> MWE:
> ----
> * Section
> {{{stk(The argument for this macro is several lines long. It seems
> that after a certain length, the macro argument gets truncated, as the
> tex output from exporting this org buffer contains a properly
> terminated strikeout block with only part of this text.)}}}
> #+MACRO: stk @@latex:\sout{$1}@@
>
> ----
> C-c C-e l L produces:
> ----
> \sout{The argument for this macro is several lines long. It seems
> that after a certain length}
> % Emacs 24.3.1 (Org mode 8.2.7c)
> ----
>
> I see no mention of any reason for this in the macro node of the manual or
> on list archives. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Arguments to the macro are separated by commas.  Your text gets
truncated at the first comma.

From the manual:

/============================================================\
| You can define text snippets with                          |
|      #+MACRO: name   replacement text $1, $2 are arguments |
| which can be referenced {{{name(arg1, arg2)}}}.            |

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye