* How to ensure that (org-get-heading) is pretty?
@ 2014-03-03 20:06 Oleh
From: Oleh @ 2014-03-03 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

Hi all,

I'm working on a helm interface to org headings.
To get the candidates, I'm using `org-map-entries` and `org-get-heading`
(see `worf-goto` function at: https://github.com/abo-abo/worf)

If the document is fully expanded it works fine, but when it's
initially folded and hasn't been
expanded yet, `org-get-heading` returns a plain string.

What's a proper way to make `org-get-heading` always return a fontified string?

regards,
Oleh

* Re: How to ensure that (org-get-heading) is pretty?
@ 2014-03-04 13:46 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2014-03-04 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Oleh wrote:
> I'm working on a helm interface to org headings.

Doesn't it already exist?  What about:

  ╭────
  │ helm-org-headlines is an interactive autoloaded compiled Lisp function in
  │ `helm-org.el'.
  │
  │ It is bound to <menu-bar> <tools> <Helm> <Org> <Org headlines>.
  │
  │ (helm-org-headlines)
  │
  │ Preconfigured helm to show org headlines.
  ╰────

Do you want to write something else?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: How to ensure that (org-get-heading) is pretty?
@ 2014-03-04 14:08   ` Oleh
From: Oleh @ 2014-03-04 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

>> I'm working on a helm interface to org headings.
>
> Doesn't it already exist?  What about:
>
>   ╭────
>   │ helm-org-headlines is an interactive autoloaded compiled Lisp function in
>   │ `helm-org.el'.
>   │
>   │ It is bound to <menu-bar> <tools> <Helm> <Org> <Org headlines>.
>   │
>   │ (helm-org-headlines)
>   │
>   │ Preconfigured helm to show org headlines.
>   ╰────
>
> Do you want to write something else?

Thanks, Sebastien,

I wasn't aware of `helm-org-headlines`.
I've just tried it and I like my implementation better,
exactly because my implementation is using font-locked strings, while
`helm-org-headlines` uses plain strings.
And I don't like the whole menu-like interface.
A list is better in my opinion.

So the question still stands.

regards,
Oleh