* Option to turning off the last line in HTML export postamble
@ 2008-06-25 19:43 Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-06-25 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

For some of my org files, I don't want the following line to show up in
my HTML export:

"HTML generated by org-mode 6.05b in emacs 22"

Is there an option to turn it off? I looked at the org source code and
it seems the answer is no. Can a new option be added for it? Thanks a
lot for considering this suggestion.

Wanrong

* Re: Option to turning off the last line in HTML export postamble
@ 2008-06-25 21:10 ` Renzo Been :-)
From: Renzo Been :-) @ 2008-06-25 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> For some of my org files, I don't want the following line to show up in
> my HTML export:
>
> "HTML generated by org-mode 6.05b in emacs 22"
>
> Is there an option to turn it off? I looked at the org source code and
> it seems the answer is no. Can a new option be added for it? Thanks a
> lot for considering this suggestion.
>
> Wanrong

Yes, it's right there in the manual...

add the following line to your .emacs

(setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)

That should do the trick

Ciao,
Renzo

* Re: Re: Option to turning off the last line in HTML export postamble
@ 2008-06-25 22:28   ` Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-06-25 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Yes, it's right there in the manual...
>
> add the following line to your .emacs
>
> (setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)
>
> That should do the trick
>
> Ciao,
> Renzo

Thanks for pointing it out, but that is not exactly what I wanted.

(setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)

will remove the whole postamble, including the creating date, author and
etc, which I do want to keep. I just want to turn off the line stating
the file is created by org-mode on emacs.

@ 2008-06-26  4:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-06-26  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wanrong Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

After the next git pull you will have an option org-export-creator-
info, and it corresponds to the publishing property :creator-info.

HTH

- Carsten

@ 2008-06-26  6:15     ` Renzo Been :-)
From: Renzo Been :-) @ 2008-06-26  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > Yes, it's right there in the manual...
> >
> > add the following line to your .emacs
> >
> > (setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)
> >
> > That should do the trick
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Renzo
> >

> Thanks for pointing it out, but that is not exactly what I wanted.
>
> (setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)
>
> will remove the whole postamble, including the creating date, author and
> etc, which I do want to keep. I just want to turn off the line stating
> the file is created by org-mode on emacs.
>
> Wanrong

You're right

Maybe this could be solved if the line:
"HTML generated by org-mode 6.05b in emacs 22"
gets it's own class specified during html-export?
Then it could be hidden via css-support...

Could that be done somehow???

@ 2008-06-26 12:03       ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-06-26 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: [emacs-orgmode]

How about:

#postamble p { display:none; visibility:hidden; }
#postamble p.author { display:block; visibility:visible; }
#postamble p.date { display:block; visibility:visible; }

Renzo Been :-) schrieb:
> Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>>> Yes, it's right there in the manual...
>>>
>>> add the following line to your .emacs
>>>
>>> (setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)
>>>
>>> That should do the trick
>>>
>>> Ciao,
>>> Renzo
>>>

>> Thanks for pointing it out, but that is not exactly what I wanted.
>>
>> (setq org-export-html-auto-postamble 'nil)
>>
>> will remove the whole postamble, including the creating date, author and
>> etc, which I do want to keep. I just want to turn off the line stating
>> the file is created by org-mode on emacs.
>>
>> Wanrong
>>

> You're right
>
> Maybe this could be solved if the line:
> "HTML generated by org-mode 6.05b in emacs 22"
> gets it's own class specified during html-export?
> Then it could be hidden via css-support...
>
> Could that be done somehow???
>
> Ciao,
> Renzo

[-- Attachment #2: sebastian_rose.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Sebastian Rose
n:Rose;Sebastian
email;internet:sebastian_rose@gmx.de
title:Fachinformatiker/Anwendendungsentwicklung
tel;cell:+49 173 / 83 93 417
note;quoted-printable:Entwicklung  von Internetanwendungen und Programmen  mit  freien  Werkzeu=
	gen  und Bibliotheken.=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	PHP, Java, C/C++,  Bash,  Perl,  Apache, MySQL,  PostgreSQL, xt::commerce=
	, Typo3, Server,  Netzwerk,  Desktop, Datenbank, gtkmm=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: Re: Option to turning off the last line in HTML export postamble
@ 2008-06-26 14:26         ` Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2008-06-26 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: [emacs-orgmode]

Thanks a lot for all your replies and suggestions. Carsten put in a new
option for it, so I will just use that until more sophisticated needs
come up.

Wanrong