* Why is there no org-agenda-todo-next-keyword function?
@ 2017-11-04 13:11 Somelauw .
From: Somelauw . @ 2017-11-04 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In an org-agenda buffer the following functions are defined and bound:
- org-agenda-todo-nextset (C-S-left)
- org-agenda-todo-previousset (C-S-right)
which change between sets of todo keywords.

Yet the following corresponding functions are missing:
- org-agenda-todo-next-keyword
- org-agenda-todo-previous-keyword
which should (if implemented) change between individual todo keywords.

If I have the following setup:

```emacs-lisp
  (setq org-todo-keywords
        '((sequence "TODO(t)" "|" "DONE(d)")
          (sequence "NEXT(n)" "|" "WAITING(w)")))
```

There is no way to change a task to DONE using C-S-left and C-S-right
bindings alone.
What's the reason for this?

* Why is there no org-agenda-todo-next-keyword function?
@ 2017-11-04 21:49 Somelauw .
From: Somelauw . @ 2017-11-04 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In an org-agenda buffer the following functions are defined and bound:
- org-agenda-todo-nextset (C-S-left)
- org-agenda-todo-previousset (C-S-right)
which change between sets of todo keywords.

Yet the following corresponding functions are missing:
- org-agenda-todo-next-keyword
- org-agenda-todo-previous-keyword
which should (if implemented) change between individual todo keywords.

That means that If I have the following setup:

```emacs-lisp
  (setq org-todo-keywords
        '((sequence "TODO(t)" "|" "DONE(d)")
          (sequence "NEXT(n)" "|" "WAITING(w)")))
```

There is no way to change a task to DONE using C-S-left and C-S-right
bindings alone.

What's the reason that these functions are missing?

* Re: Why is there no org-agenda-todo-next-keyword function?
@ 2017-11-06 13:50 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-11-06 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Somelauw .; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

"Somelauw ." <somelauw@gmail.com> writes:

> In an org-agenda buffer the following functions are defined and bound:
> - org-agenda-todo-nextset (C-S-left)
> - org-agenda-todo-previousset (C-S-right)
> which change between sets of todo keywords.
>
> Yet the following corresponding functions are missing:
> - org-agenda-todo-next-keyword
> - org-agenda-todo-previous-keyword
> which should (if implemented) change between individual todo keywords.
>
> That means that If I have the following setup:
>
> ```emacs-lisp
>   (setq org-todo-keywords
>         '((sequence "TODO(t)" "|" "DONE(d)")
>           (sequence "NEXT(n)" "|" "WAITING(w)")))
> ```
>
> There is no way to change a task to DONE using C-S-left and C-S-right
> bindings alone.
>
> What's the reason that these functions are missing?

This is not an answer, which would not be very useful anyways, to your
question, but have you tried `org-agenda-todo', i.e. `t' on an entry?

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Why is there no org-agenda-todo-next-keyword function?
@ 2017-11-06 20:30   ` Somelauw .
From: Somelauw . @ 2017-11-06 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> "Somelauw ." <somelauw@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In an org-agenda buffer the following functions are defined and bound:
>> - org-agenda-todo-nextset (C-S-left)
>> - org-agenda-todo-previousset (C-S-right)
>> which change between sets of todo keywords.
>>
>> Yet the following corresponding functions are missing:
>> - org-agenda-todo-next-keyword
>> - org-agenda-todo-previous-keyword
>> which should (if implemented) change between individual todo keywords.
>>
>> That means that If I have the following setup:
>>
>> ```emacs-lisp
>>   (setq org-todo-keywords
>>         '((sequence "TODO(t)" "|" "DONE(d)")
>>           (sequence "NEXT(n)" "|" "WAITING(w)")))
>> ```
>>
>> There is no way to change a task to DONE using C-S-left and C-S-right
>> bindings alone.
>>
>> What's the reason that these functions are missing?
>
> This is not an answer, which would not be very useful anyways, to your
> question, but have you tried `org-agenda-todo', i.e. `t' on an entry?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou

Thanks for your response. I already knew about `t`.
I was just wondering whether there is a good reason for this
inconsistency or if this should be changed.

Kind regards,
Somelauw