* local-set-key: Key sequence C-c SPC a starts with non-prefix key C-c SPC
@ 2012-06-27 16:36 Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2012-06-27 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear all,
I'm getting the error in the subject when trying to export an .org file,
e.g. to HTML or LATEX.
who would be so kind to explain me what's happening?
Thanks,

Giacomo

* Re: local-set-key: Key sequence C-c SPC a starts with non-prefix key C-c SPC
@ 2012-06-29 15:23 ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2012-06-29 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

apparently these lines in my emacs init file were causing the export error:
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
           (lambda ()
              (local-set-key "\C-c a" 'org-agenda)
))

but I'm not enough competent to say why.

@ 2012-06-29 15:29   ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2012-06-29 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Actually it was just the space....
sorry for the noise

@ 2012-06-29 16:04     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-06-29 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giacomo M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually it was just the space....
> sorry for the noise
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Giacomo M <jackjackk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     apparently these lines in my emacs init file were causing the export error:
>     (add-hook 'org-mode-hook
>              (lambda ()
>                 (local-set-key "\C-c a" 'org-agenda)
>     ))
>
>     but I'm not enough competent to say why.
>
>     Il 27/06/2012 18.36, Giacomo M ha scritto:
>
>         Dear all,
>         I'm getting the error in the subject when trying to export an .org file, e.g. to HTML or
>         LATEX.
>         who would be so kind to explain me what's happening?
>         Thanks,
>
>         Giacomo

But in any case, don't you want a *global* binding, so that you can
invoke the agenda from anywhere? With the above, you have to be in an
org-mode buffer to do so.

Nick

* Re: local-set-key: Key sequence C-c SPC a starts with non-prefix key C-c SPC
@ 2012-06-29 17:17     ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-06-29 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giacomo M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

1. M-x local-set-key (or M-x global-set-key) (and follow the prompts).

2. Once done, do M-x list-command-history and you will see a lisp form
   that you can insert in to your .emacs.

@ 2012-06-30 11:08       ` Giacomo M
From: Giacomo M @ 2012-06-30 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode