From: Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Quoting a REPL session in an org document
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:27:19 +0300	[thread overview]

I wonder if there is a "standard" way of quoting a REPL session in an org
document. Right now I'm using #example, but I wonder if there is something
richer. The ideal would be to get something that is syntax aware so that
anything after the "prompt" is syntax highlighted.

Here is an example of a session that I would like to include literally in
my document:

$ ipython
Python 2.7.14 (default, Mar 14 2018, 13:36:31)
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object', use 'object??' for extra details.
In [1]: import pandas as pd
In [2]: df = pd.read_csv('/tmp/foo.csv')
In [3]: df
Out[3]:
  Animal  Weight        Color
0   Bear     200        Brown
1    Cat       5       Orange
2    Dog      10  Black&White
In [4]:

I would e.g. like this to look as follows in the exported document (but
with colored selectable text, not through an image!):

​
Thanks in advance!
Dov