* Capture into subheading of current headline
@ 2010-11-28 19:10 Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2010-11-28 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I think I'm missing something obvious here -- I can't
define a capture template that puts the results as a sub-heading
of the heading that the cursor is currently in.

For example:

* Some Heading
<cursor is here>
some text in this heading
<I want to use org-capture to put a subheading here>

I tried defining a template that used the "org-end-of-subtree" function:

 (setq org-capture-templates
     `(("x" "Subheading" entry (function org-end-of-subtree) "*
%?\n\n" :clock-in t :clock-resume t)
      )
  )

But, the captured data is inserted as a sibling heading
in front of the heading where the cursor is, like this:

* <The result of my capture template>
* Some Heading
<cursor is here>
** < I want the result of the capture template here>

I've also tried "outline-next-heading", and "outline-end-of-subtree"
but they add
non-subtree headlines, and insert into #+begin_src / #+end_src blocks,
which is undesirable

I've also tried the solution proposed in this thread, but haven't
quite got it correct:
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg28946.html

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,