* Confused about org-log-into-drawer
@ 2011-05-16 21:39 John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-05-16 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I thought that org-log-into-drawer would also log
scheduled/deadline/closed timestamps into a drawer, or is this not the
case?

I have it set like so:
,---
| (setq org-log-into-drawer t)
`---

But only clocked data goes into :LOGBOOK:, not any of the other
meta-data about the TODO.

Is this normal, and is there a way to get that stuff in the drawer as
well? Or is something off on my setup?

Thanks,
John

* Re: Confused about org-log-into-drawer
@ 2011-05-16 22:33 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2011-05-16 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com> writes:

> I thought that org-log-into-drawer would also log
> scheduled/deadline/closed timestamps into a drawer, or is this not the
> case?
>
> I have it set like so:
> ,---
> | (setq org-log-into-drawer t)
> `---
>
> But only clocked data goes into :LOGBOOK:, not any of the other
> meta-data about the TODO.
>
> Is this normal, and is there a way to get that stuff in the drawer as
> well? Or is something off on my setup?

Org-mode does not currently place SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, or CLOSED
timestamps in a drawer.

This email from a recent thread describes the historical reasons for the
behavior and the changes that would be necessary to turn those
timestamps into properties.

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40872

Best,
Matt

* Re: Confused about org-log-into-drawer
@ 2011-05-16 22:40 ` Michael Brand
From: Michael Brand @ 2011-05-16 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Hendy; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi John

As far as I understood logging and its drawers:
- "CLOCK: [2011-05-17 Tue 23:00..." relates to org-clock-into-drawer
- "- State "DONE" from "TODO" ..." relates to org-log-repeat and
org-log-into-drawer
- "CLOSED:" relates to org-log-done(-with-time); it can not be put
into a drawer, see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40571

Michael