* Orgmode LaTeX export special character in Title
@ 2011-06-03  0:30 Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-03  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I want to export to LaTeX with the math symbols in the title:

#+TITLE:  This is a test for $D$

I get the $D$ in the PDF. Are there any way to let it behave the same as in
the body for the title?

Thanks!

Xin

* Re: Orgmode LaTeX export special character in Title
@ 2011-06-03  2:55 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-03  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to export to LaTeX with the math symbols in the title:
>
> #+TITLE:  This is a test for $D$
>
> I get the $D$ in the PDF. Are there any way to let it behave the same as in
> the body for the title?

This works fine here:

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
Org-mode version 7.5 (baseline.263.gcf708)

Carsten pushed a fix back in November of last year. If your org-mode is older,
it's time to upgrade.

NB: it's probably a better practice to use the \(...\) inline math delimiters instead
of $...$

Nick

* Re: Orgmode LaTeX export special character in Title
@ 2011-06-03 17:23   ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-03 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.  I updated my org to 7.5 and the $D$ worked in the
title. However, if I use \(D\) in the title, it says:
undefined control sequence

I tried \( ... \) in body, its OK.

Xin

@ 2011-06-03 17:32     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-03 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xin Shi; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Xin Shi <shixin111@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.  I updated my org to 7.5 and the $D$ worked in
> the title. However, if I use \(D\) in the title, it says: undefined
> control sequence
>
> I tried \( ... \) in body, its OK.

Works fine here:

#+TITLE:  This is a test for \(D\)

* foo
bar

What does the \title in the produced tex file look like? Mine looks
like this:

\title{This is a test for \(D\)}

and it compiles fine.

Nick

* Re: Orgmode LaTeX export special character in Title
@ 2011-06-03 17:44       ` Xin Shi
From: Xin Shi @ 2011-06-03 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode